What Is Swift Microwave Therapy?
Swift treatment addresses the root cause of plantar warts — the human papillomavirus (HPV). Swift uses a non-invasive device that targets the virus-containing layer of skin under the wart and heats it up with a pulse of energy. This energy stimulates the immune system to fight the virus, which shrinks and eliminates the wart over the course of 3-4 treatments (on average).
What Are Plantar Warts?
Plantar warts form on the heels or balls of your feet. They are caused by HPV and are typically painful, as the pressure from walking and standing forces them to grow inwards. Underneath the skin, plantar warts can have roots that reach down and grow, making them difficult to treat from the surface.
Who Can Benefit from Swift?
People suffering from stubborn plantar warts can benefit from Swift. The benefits of Swift include no downtime after treatment sessions, no at-home care, and little discomfort during your session. If you have the following symptoms and have tried and failed with other removal techniques, contact our podiatrist for an evaluation and consider Swift for the next step in your treatment plan:
- Reoccurring warts or limited success with topical treatments
- A sensation of “pebbles” when you walk
- Discomfort with daily activities
- A circular flat spot on the skin, possibly yellowed with small black dots
- Pain when you press the sides of the lesion
- A lesion that has changed color or is bleeding
- Are simply looking for an evaluation to confirm that your lesion is indeed a wart
Please note that people taking immunosuppressants, those with immune system disorders, neuropathy, metal devices in the foot or ankle, or pacemakers may not be good candidates for Swift treatment. Our podiatrist can determine this during your consultation.