With the current crisis, you are likely spending a lot of your time at home, making this a great opportunity to spend time on some extra foot care. If you’re an essential worker still spending time on your feet, this is also an important time to make sure your feet are in the best shape to support the work you do! Our podiatrists in Milwaukee encourage you to practice healthy foot care habits.
At-Home Foot Care
There is a lot you can do for your foot health at home. If you are looking for a way to relax, some ideas include:
- Epsom salt foot baths to relax muscles and soften skin. Simply warm up water in a small foot tub and mix in a half cup of Epsom salt and soak for 30 to 60 minutes
- Pumice stone treatment: use a pumice stone to scrub off calluses and soften skin
- For even softer feet, apply a moisturizing lotion overnight
If you’ve been on your feet at work recently, make sure that you practice some of the relaxing at-home treatments above as well as frequent foot exercises to maintain flexibility and prevent foot problems:
- Pick up towels with your toes to strengthen and stretch the muscles
- Roll your foot over a tennis ball to keep your arches flexible and stretch the plantar fascia
- Always wear supportive shoes
We’re Here For You
As an essential business, we are open for office visits. During this crisis, we are taking precautions to sanitize our office, observe social distancing, and follow all guidelines from the CDC to prevent infection. This means we are reducing foot traffic in the office and taking extra time between appointments to clean and sanitize.
Please contact our office to learn more about the steps we are taking to protect the health and safety of our staff and patients or to schedule or reschedule an appointment.
Contact Our Podiatrists in Milwaukee For More Information!
To find out more, contact us at 414-246-9634. Our friendly team will answer any questions you may have about foot care or scheduling a consultation.