An ingrown toenail is a painful condition characterized by the nail digging into the surrounding skin, leading to inflammation and possible infection of the toe. This is a serious condition for people with impaired circulation, diabetes, or other serious diseases.
Causes of Ingrown Toenails?
- Improper nail trimming
- Shoe pressure
- Poor foot structure
What Can You Do?
- Trim toenails straight across as a preventative measure.
- Select the proper shoe style and size.
What will a Podiatric Physician do for you?
- Perform a physical exam.
- Perform x-ray evaluation when necessary.
- Remove the ingrown portion of the nail.
- Culture the nail.
- Perform surgical correction of the nail when indicated.
- Prescribe an antibiotic (when an infection is present).
At Milwaukee Foot and Ankle Specialists, we have the most cutting edge and innovative technology available. By having digital scanning technology for orthotics, digital X-rays, digital diagnostic ultrasound, PRP, shockwave therapy, laser for removal of toenail fungus & more all in office and available in a moments notice allows you to save time and money.
We look forward to helping you!