The U.S. Olympic training center in Colorado has a nutrition center with a staff of 24 people to create nutritious and delicious meals for our athletes. This Asian soup is the most popular item served! In the Milwaukee Area, Pacific Produce on South 27th Street is a great place to pick up these ingredients.
THAI CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- Add 1 1/2 quarts of water to a pot and bring to a boil. Add 1 1/8 pounds of diced chicken breast and 1 1/2 ounces each of hoisin, soy, and fish sauces, plus 3/4 ounce of minced garlic and 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Simmer on low heat for an hour.
- While cooking, soak 9 ounces of Thai rice noodles in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 1/4 teaspoons of diced jalapeño pepper with 1 1/2 ounces of white vinegar; in another small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons each of chopped green onion and cilantro.
- Blanch the noodles in a pot of boiling water and drain.
- In separate bowls, top 1/2 cup of noodles with 1/2 cup of bean sprouts, 1/2 tablespoon each of the jalapeño and green onion mixtures, and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Spoon 3 ounces of chicken and 6 ounces of stock over the noodles and serve. Makes six 12-ounce servings.